“What do I need to do to get my condo in Harbourside ready for a SEASONAL Tenant?”
“What should I do to prepare my property for a seasonal rental?” is a question we hear a lot from owners. Many of the things we recommend are simple, obvious things. I will try to give a general overview here, but please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any specific questions, I have a detailed flyer I am happy to share with you.
- Start with a safety check! Railings, cracked or broken glass, mirrors, and any other unsafe situation should be repaired or corrected. Wiring should all be safe and in proper junction boxes; no uncovered wall plugs or unsafe extension cords. A fire extinguisher is a good idea.
- Continue with a “first impression” check: What would you see if you saw your condo for the first time? Worn furniture? Tired and banged up looking walls? Lots of personal belongings and pictures? Don’t have an abundance of family photos, personalized dishes or towels, make the condo as neutral as possible.
- Do a wear and tear check! Frayed seams on towels and sheets are off-putting, spots on upholstery and carpet are unappealing, dishes should not be chipped.
- Do inventory! Check that none of the required items have gone missing. For peace of mind, remove family heirlooms and fragile items. If you’ll be heartbroken if it breaks or disappears, don’t leave it.
- Check the Kitchen: A well equipped kitchen makes for happy Tenants that want to renew for next year! I have a list of required items for the kitchen, please contact me for more information.
- Living Room and Bedrooms: Again, a well equipped condo makes for happy Tenants. There are many things to remember, from telephones, to DVD player and ironing board. Email me for a complete list of things.
- Clean house! Throw away any food other than spices that you have, scrub the condo top to bottom (or have somebody clean it for you!), and leave your cleaning supplies as a starter pack for the Tenants.
I have learned a lot, too, over the years from other owners, where to go shop for furniture, where to get good and reasonably priced bedding, etc. I am happy to meet with you to discuss your condo, and if renting it out would be a good fit for you!
Call me today for all your real estatet needs: 727-480-4155
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe!
Want to know more about me? Just Google Me!
Find Me Online: